Family Support Group (FSG)
This was revived on 13th October 2012 with a newly appointed committee comprising of 14 of the centre’s families.
The goals of the FSG are:
- To establish and strengthen the relationship between families of children with special needs
- To establish as a support group to address identified issues pertaining to persons with special needs and their families
- To disseminate current and relevant information to families regarding special needs
- To act as a bridge between centre management and families
Since the establishment of the new FSG committee, several significant events have taken place:
- Sports and Family Day – 17th November 2012
- Launch of Facebook Page : Family Support Group (Seri Mengasih Centre) – 19th January 2013
- High tea get-together – 2nd February 2013
- Beach front picnic – 20th April 2013
The next event will be “Walk for Health” at the Perdana Park, Tanjung Aru; tentatively to be held on 7th September 2013 at 7.30 am.